This Privacy Notice explains how Mitsui Rail Capital, LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“MRC,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, and discloses information about you through its websites that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Site”) or when you otherwise interact with us.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Privacy Notice whenever you access the Site or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you fill out a form, send us an email through our Site, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Site, exchange information with us, or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect log information about your activity or use on our Site, such as website visits, access times, and pages viewed.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Site, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Site and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
Use of Information
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, and to respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by MRC and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of MRC and others;
- Personalize and improve our Site and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Site;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of MRC or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among MRC and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from MRC by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: full name, email address, company name, phone number, and other personal information a user chooses to provide in communicating with us. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. MRC does not sell your personal information.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose; (2) request deletion of your personal information; (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring; and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by contacting us at our website https://www.mrc-rail.com/contact-us/ and clearly indicating in your message that you are making a request under the CCPA. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as the date you sent us a message through our Site. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may make these requests by contacting us at our website https://www.mrc-rail.com/contact-us/ and clearly indicating in your message that you are making a request under the GDPR. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html